L3 ICT Support Technician Apprentice – GDST Academy Trust - Birkenhead High School – Merseyside Birkenhead High School Academy
This is an opportunity for an outstanding Academy Trust ICT Technician Apprentice, to join a beacon of excellence in girls’ education.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The ICT Technician Apprentice is an important part of the ICT team. The academies are increasingly dependent on their ICT systems working properly and efficiently. A proactive and planned approach is essential to ensure the ICT infrastructure enables the academies to work to optimum effect. It is essential that the academies are at the forefront of efficient and effective systems which contribute to each academy’s vision of raising achievement through Information and Communications Technology. This role will also support the delivery of the overall digital (EdTech) strategy of each academy.
- Install and maintain computer hardware, including servers, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Maintain and assist with the expansion of the academy's network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including, data backups and testing, Active Directory maintenance, configuring security permissions.
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the Academies development policy.
- Maintain up to date workstation using a standard image and deploying them where necessary.
- Administration and development of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and E-mail systems, including learning platforms, such as Google Suite and the VLE.
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- To support staff and students with the use of ICT including preparation of booklets and online support and assisting with inset training where appropriate.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school.
- Keep clear records of requests using the helpdesk and know when to escalate accordingly, alongside updating documentation with new findings or software upgrades.
- Report any detected breach of the Academy’s ICT acceptable use policy to the Academy Trust ICT Operations Manager.
- To be aware of the Academy’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein.
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- In-class support where appropriate.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned by the Principal.
- Work towards and support the academy vision and the current academy objectives outlined in the Academy Development Plan.
- Contribute to the academy’s programme of extra-curricular activities.
- Support and contribute to the academy’s responsibility for safeguarding students.
- Work within the academy’s health and safety policy to ensure a safe working environment for staff, students and visitors.
- Work within the ATB’s Diversity Policy to promote equality of opportunity for all students and staff, both current and prospective.
- Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive, courteous relations with students, parents and colleagues.
- Engage actively in the performance review process, and training and development opportunities available.
- Adhere to policies as set out by the ATB.
Undertake other reasonable duties related to the job purpose required from time to time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the L3 Information Communications Technician standard.
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Birkenhead High School Academy places a high value on CPD and supports all staff in accessing top quality training. There is potential for the apprentice to gaina full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.