IT Solutions Technician Apprentice - LA Micro Group - Bracknell - RG12 9BG LA MICRO GROUP (UK) LIMITED
To build quality bespoke computer servers, basic hardware system components, networks and devices (including servers, end-user computers, and mobile devices, whether physical or virtual). You will work towards a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Salary will start between £12,000 and £16,000
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To install and configure basic hardware system components, networks and devices (including servers, end-user computers, and mobile devices, whether physical or virtual) as required
- To take responsibility for the building, testing, and shipping of ‘build to order’ computer servers that comply with LA Micro UK standards
- To develop technical IT skills to access remote systems; change system or application settings; system administration; setting up and upgrading components (infrastructure)
- To work at any stage of the hardware solution lifecycle from data removal, component testing, building, system updating and testing
- To diagnose and understand client (sales) requirements and problems with specifications using sound analytical and problem-solving skills such as identifying compatibility issues and recommending alternative solutions
- To comply with LA Micro UK’s ISO procedures, stock procedures, organisational polices, standards, legislation, security requirements, professional ethics, privacy, and confidentiality; and understands escalation policies
- To create and maintain documentation in line with Company processes.
- To operate securely across all their areas of responsibility
- To be responsible for tidiness and efficiency of work area. This includes personal and warehouse areas
- To gain knowledge of booking in/out engineer processes
- To comply with LA Micro UK’s quality control standards
- Good level of IT/computer knowledge
- Problem-solving, logical and creative thinking skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual with good time management skills
- Work experience in office, IT or customer-facing environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Customer/client focused
- A positive attitude and ability to take on responsibility
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship there is potential for apprentice to gain a full time role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.