L4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprentice – Macfarlanes – London, EC4A 1LT MACFARLANES SERVICES LIMITED
This role will be offered on a 24-month fixed-term contract in line with the apprenticeship programme. This role reports to the information security manager and assists with the day to day running of the firm’s information and cyber security controls.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Up to £25k will be the starting salary
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
6 days ago
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The firm has an IT department of approximately 45 staff and is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the firm's information technology systems and services, including all phases of design, build implementation and operations. The team is split into six teams: service delivery, end user computing, infrastructure, applications & development, PMO and information security.
This role reports to the information security manager and assists with the day to day running of the firm’s information and cyber security controls. The information security team works closely with the CIO to provide guidance on technical architecture, information security standards and best practice.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the firms security estate and help deliver the information security strategy;
- Assist in driving of information security best practices by creating awareness of policies, procedures and standards in line with firm needs;
- Assist with security projects and providing guidance on security matters for other IT projects;
- Assist with information security related audits and third-party supplier audits, analysing results from third party security questionnaires and audits, and publishing within the ISMS;
- Act as the first point of contact for identification of security incidents, reporting potential issues to the information security manager;
- Work in collaboration with the wider IT team to ensure endpoints and systems are appropriately secured and hardened;
- Maintain the cyber risk register and assist with internal and external audits;
- Assist in generating reports for both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Help drive a security culture within the IT department and within the firm by being a champion for how good information security is as a business enabler rather than a blocker;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge by attending education opportunities such as conferences, seminars, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations opportunities to provide subject matter expertise and understand threat intelligence, challenges, solutions, and innovations.
Key skills and experience
This is an apprentice information security role and, as such, we are more interested in aptitude, attitude and a desire to learn than specific qualifications. Depending on your career path to date, you will likely have most, but not all, of the following:
- Interest in information security and cyber security, perhaps having relevant qualifications/ certifications which are not above a Level 3;
- Experience of working with Microsoft technologies;
- Ability to follow processes in a highly controlled environment;
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence people;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in prioritising competing workloads; and
- Good communication skills, and in time be able to communicate information security concepts to non-technical people.
This job description encompasses the main duties of the role and is by no means exhaustive. It is anticipated that duties may vary from time to time according to the needs of the Firm.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Programme: L4 Cyber Security Technologist – Risk Analyst Pathway
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning.
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We have identified the continued development of inclusivity as a key priority and are committed to fostering a broad and diverse culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. We continually review our processes to ensure that all of our people enjoy the same chance to develop and advance. We recruit people to build careers for the long term, meaning there is a potential full-time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent IT/Computer Science (Grade C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS LIMITED
Cyber security technologist
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.