Early Years Educator Apprenticeship LEE CHAPEL MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
We are seeking to appoint a Nursery Apprentice to join our Phoenix Primary School & Nursery Team in our friendly school. You will be well-organised, flexible, creative, caring, good communicator and a great team player. Duties to include providing indoor & outdoor play and learning opportunities for all the children in a safe and fun environment.
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 33.45
Possible start date
15 Aug 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be expected to:-
- Work under the guidance of the manager and colleagues in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse (on the job), working practically as part of the team.
- Contribute own thoughts and ideas to long, medium and daily planning.
- Preparing the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement and resources. Valuing and displaying children’s work.
- Helping to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Observing children’s activities and contributing to their written records.
- Maintaining respectful and genuine interaction with children.
- Being supportive and welcoming to parents/carers.
- To follow the EYFS when caring for our children.
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential.
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children.
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations.
- To understand and observe the rules of confidentiality.
- Follow the health & safety procedures to maintain a healthy & safe environment.
- You should have an interest in the care, learning and development in young children.
- Have some understanding of the importance of Health and Safety.
- Display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship - Standard
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend NCC Havering campus (RM11 2LL)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to progress onto a higher apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
0330 135 9000
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.