We are a relatively small, family owned business looking to expand. We have been established since 1979 and have a strong reputation for the services we offer in our local and surrounding areas. This is a significant opportunity for someone looking secure a long term career with options to stay with the business and earn more when qualified.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
19 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The work our business undertakes is very varied and we travel to different locations within our area on a daily basis.
- We install mastic asphalt damp proofing systems for floors and mastic asphalt waterproofing systems for roofs.
- Initial duties will involve labouring for our existing time served trades people whilst learning on the job.
- Applicants must be prepared to work hard, follow instruction and behave in a way that reflects well on the business at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will achieve a Level 2 (Intermediate) Apprenticeship qualification in Mastic Asphalt Spreading.
- Should the apprentice not have Grade 3 in English & Maths or Level 1 in Functional Skills, further training will be given to achieve this.
- The company is based in and operates around Derby.
- Training will take place on the job and at New City College, Hackney.
- Apprenticeship training at New City College, Hackney is undertaken on a block release basis. Typically the apprentice will be at college for periods of a week at a time at intervas throughout the duration of the programme.
- Accommodation will be provided whilst the apprentice is at college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We are a relatively small, family owned business looking to expand. We have been established since 1979 and have a strong reputation for the services we offer in our local and surrounding areas. This is a significant opportunity for someone looking secure a long term career. Our longest serving employee undertook an apprenticeship 17 years ago and is now our senior chargehand, in charge of managing our teams and running our job sites.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.