Level 3 Engineering Machinist Technician Apprentice SPUNALLOYS LIMITED
You will work within one of our two machine shops as part of the machinist team, you will work alongside a mentor and learn all aspects of the role with full training given on the job and through your engineering training at College. You will learn how to operate lathes, mills or borers and use a range of measuring and testing equipment.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
23 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working alongside a mentor you will be:
- Learning to read route cards and engineering drawings to determine dimensions and machine set-up for each casting
- Learning to operate various machining equipment such as lathes, mills or borers
- Becoming competent in setting up, operating and adjusting equipment settings, as applicable, to the machine tool being used.
- Obtain, check and use the appropriate materials, tools, equipment and consumables required.
- Select and set up the correct tooling.
- Set and adjust machine operating parameters to produce castings to the required specification. This will involve setting feeds and speeds for roughing and finishing operations.
- Selecting and using a range of measuring and testing equipment to check components are to the required quality and accuracy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard (Machinist Pathway)
Full Job Training will be provided in the workplace.
For College Course - Apprentice will be required to attend Dudley College on Day Release 2 days per week to work towards the Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a qualified apprentice in the Spunalloys Machinist Team you could expect to earn between £25k and £30k dependent upon overtime worked.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.