SJJ Contracts Limited are looking for bricklaying apprentices to join their experienced team. The successful candidates will be working across various sites, carrying out all aspects of bricklaying. If you are interested in a new career, which will provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills then apply!
Closing date: 05 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
28 Jul 2022
23 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The day-to-day tasks of an Apprentice Bricklayer may include (but are not limited to):
- All aspects of bricklaying include laying bricks, applying mortar with a trowel, shaping, and trimming bricks/blocks.
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer.
- You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, always have respect & consideration to your colleagues, to our customers & the company.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the traditional tools and power tools (which can use once training is completed & competent) you use are maintained & ready to be used or operated at all times.
- Adhere to health & safety, maintenance of hygiene, cleanliness & tidiness standard practice of the company.
- Learning to interpret drawings and specifications.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship.
- 4 days in the workplace with 1-day release at our STEM Centre Campus at St Helen's College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will be a fully qualified bricklayer. Although this is a fixed term contract running until completion of the apprenticeship, SJJ will provide or assist the employee in finding permanent employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ST HELENS COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.