This is a great opportunity to learn a wide range of reception, customer service and admin skills in a busy medical practice with a family feel and a very supportive team. The role will be varied, interesting, challenging on occasions, and rewarding, with excellent prospects. Progression into a management role with NHS training is possible.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your main tasks, with support and supervision will be:
- dealing with patient queries by telephone, online platform and in person
- making appointments
- assisting all members of the Practice team
- liaising with our allied community nursing, and health visiting teams and other local services
- adhering to health and safety, confidentiality, policies and procedures plus mandatory training
- completing all reasonable tasks as required by Management and Doctors
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 80% on-the-job training provided by the employer to support the job role
- 20% off-the-job training provided by the employer and the training provider to support the role and develop the apprentice’s personal and professional skills. This will be largely in the workplace. There is no weekly attendance at a college setting
- Online learning modules and mandatory half day monthly virtual workshops to support the apprentice to develop the underpinning knowledge required for the job role
- You will work towards achievement of the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard and other modules related to the apprenticeship
- Continuing Professional Development
- English and maths Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to permanent post on successful completion of apprenticeship possible. Opportunity to follow pathway into a management role with NHS training offered.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BOURNEMOUTH CHRISTCHURCH AND POOLE COUNCIL
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.