T J Books is seeking a positive and motivated individual to join their Engineering team at their site in Padstow. This is an excellent opportunity to work and train with this reputable national company and gain recognised engineering qualifications
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Daily repair and maintenance of printing and bookbinding machinery to acceptable company standards and conforming to all relevant legal requirements
- Daily repair, maintenance and inspection of all ancillary equipment associated with the site and buildings
- Installation and project work on equipment associated with the printing and bookbinding trade plus ancillary equipment associated with the site and buildings
- To be able to work alone and under own initiative to maintain high company standards of maintenance and health and safety
- Work towards continual improvement at all times
- To assist with any reasonable duties associated with the job/position.
- Have a flexible attitude to working hours to meet business demands
- Support and share knowledge and skills with the Maintenance Department
- Live the Company ‘Values and Behaviours’ at all times
- Comply with all TJ Books policies, including Health & Safety policy, Quality systems, Personnel, Smoking, Mobile Phone and dignity at work
Additional Tasks may include:
- Work on additional projects/tasks, not specified above to aid the role of the Plant Manager / Maintenance Department and other areas of the business when required
- When requested by the company be flexible in training, developing and working in all areas of TJ Books
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College St Austell on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
Mandatory qualifications will include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for full time employment at end of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.