Trenython Manor Leisure are offering an exciting opportunity to join their passionate and friendly team as a Horticulture Apprentice. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge along with an insight into the industry.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- General Tidying and upkeep of grounds
- Grass cutting
- Hedge cutting
- Border upkeep
- Woodland maintenance
- Vegetation clearance
- Plant cultivation
- Chemical Spraying
- General maintenance of play area and tortoise enclosure
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This will include Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work and Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides.
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
- You will be required to attend Duchy College Rosewarne on a day release basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-Time position
- Further training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TRENYTHON MANOR LEISURE LTD
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.