New City College are looking to recruit a Business Administrator Apprentice. To learn skills in operational business administration, becoming an effective administrator able to support a variety of business units within and outside of the education sector. You will provide administrative support to the Strategic Projects team.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
09 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Particular to the Post:
- To schedule meetings and book meeting rooms, including arranging meeting hospitality where required.
- To prepare meeting agendas and circulate them with the attendees.
- To take meeting notes and minutes and circulate follow-up notes with meeting attendees.
- To act as the first point of contact for the team, dealing with enquiries by phone, in person or in writing, providing information and referring to colleagues when appropriate.
- To maintain accurate and appropriate project records and logs, such as the risk register and contracts and procurement log.
- To maintain project related files in line with the College’s document retention policy.
- To use the College’s Financial Exchange system to request PO numbers, sales invoices, set up new suppliers and confirm Goods Receipt Notices for received invoices.
- To assist with project budget management by maintaining a log of project expenditure.
- To assist with project reporting, including helping with data collection, proof reading reports and formatting and dispatching of documents.
- To provide support with other administrative work required by the team.
In common with all other staff:
- To support the College’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
- To implement the College’s Equality and Diversity policies and to work actively to overcome discrimination on grounds of all protected characteristics; gender, race, religion/belief, disability, gender orientation, age, pregnancy/maternity, gender reassignment status, marriage/civil partnership status.
- To take responsibility for one’s own professional development and participate in relevant internal and external activities.
- To implement the College’s health and safety policies and practices.
- To contribute to the College’s commitment to continuous improvement as identified in the College’s charter and quality assurance systems.
In common with all other support staff:
- To participate in College-wide projects and tasks.
- To work in other support services areas to meet the specific needs of workload peaks.
- Such other duties of a similar nature commensurate with the grade as may be required from time to time. This will require working in other locations/sites of the College.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship - Standard.
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours.
- Day release to attend college at Havering (RM11 2LL) or Hackney (N1 6HQ).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
0330 135 9000
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.