Best of British Gardens are offering an exciting opportunity to join their passionate and friendly team as a Horticulture Apprentice. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge along with an insight into the industry.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
There will be regular reviews in place in regards to the apprentices pay.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
24 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include some of the following duties:
- Preparation of the site
- Setting up the site, marking out areas etc
- Working on the site until completion
- Using different tools including mixers, small construction equipment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This will include Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work and Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides.
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
- You will be required to attend Bicton College on a block release basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The employer would like to train to keep the right person and this will be reviewed at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
About the employer
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.