Apprentice Commis Chef - Formby Hall Golf Resort FORMBY HALL GOLF CLUB LTD
We have a positive and vibrant work atmosphere, offer a range of benefits and great development opportunities for staff . If you are wanting to become a chef and are looking for the opportunity to work in a professional kitchen environment with endless training and learning opportunities then this apprenticeship would be a great step for you!
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
£8,408.40 to £16,216.20
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
02 Nov 2021
13 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To prepare meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- To prepare basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie
- To receive deliveries and verify that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- To take inventory of resort supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- To plate and present meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
All of your training will be completed within the workplace, You will be working towards the Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to work towards your Functional Skills in Maths and English if you do not have the GCSEs or equivalent
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Natural progression would be a Level 3 apprenticeship such as Chef De Partie or Senior Production Chef
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
PERFORMANCE LEARNING GROUP LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.