Providing flexible IT support and services to our clients, with a passion for technology, as well as excellent customer service within a happy team environment.
1st Line Technical Support Engineer Apprentice
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017
40 hours per week Monday to Friday 0900-1700
Possible start date
30 Jan 2017
01 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provide IT and technical support to clients both onsite and remotely
- To see a task through to completion and follow through to ensure client / peers are satisfied with the conclusion and that no aspects have been overlooked or forgotten that could later create issues
- Ensure internal communications are professional, supportive, helpful and effective
- Assist in purchasing of software and hardware on behalf of Dasuni and our clients, including where necessary managing relationships with suppliers
- Where any process management, customer relation management system, call ticketing or similar system is implemented within Dasuni, becoming proficient in the use of the system
- To provide research reports as required related to new and existing technologies which could be related to client, internal or any other type of project that helps Dasuni
- Excellent communication skills - friendly, patient and professional when engaging with clients
- Ability to work autonomously
- A team player
- A passion for technology and keeping abreast of latest developments
- Some experience in desktop support including Microsoft Windows software
- The ability to learn various skills and technologies on the job is an expectation of this role
- Basic knowledge of typical IT networks components including active directory, domains, DNS, DHCP, routers, firewalls, printers etc.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills related to SME clients’ IT networks, servers and exchange while equally at home supporting users’ basic desktop enquires
- Experience using remote connectivity solutions such as VPN, RDP, VNC and other remote support technologies like TeamViewer
- Ability to troubleshoot mobile device issues on platforms including Android, IOS, Blackberry & Windows phone
- Ability to administer and manage multiple customer online accounts, control panels and cloud resource systems with an aptitude to pick up new systems quickly. This will include hosted exchange accounts, webhosting and online backup
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to absorb new information and use it.
- Positive Can Do attitude
- Diligence, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills.
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- Professional and flexible
- Driven and positive
- Well presented, polite, tactful and friendly
- Educated to GCSE A to C (or equivalent) level in English and Math’s
- Experience of working with computerised systems, including data entry and calculations.
- Knowledge of the filing and retrieval operations of numerical filing systems
- Experience of working to deadlines in a busy office environment
- IT – Word processing, spread sheets, database entry, use of general office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Clear and concise English
Dasuni hopes that any engineer will stay on to become a full time engineer with our company and rise over the years to become more accomplished and a greater asset to our growing business
Things to consider
The student must fulfill the eligibility criteria as outlined by the Government. When submitting your application you are confirming that you are eligible and can provide proof of evidence where required Please only apply if you Are 16 years old or over Are not in full time education at College, School or undertaking a course paid for by the Government Are willing to work for at least 30 hours per Can provide proof of National Insurance number Can learn and obtain English, Maths and ICT to Level 1 or 2
About the employer
Dasuni provide a range of high quality IT services to small and medium sized businesses. Our great reputation has been built upon the excellent relationships that we developed with our clients by ensuring that their needs are always met.
Intermediate Apprenticeship L2 Business Administration
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (If applicable)
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Business and Administration
WEST THAMES COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Thames College
You will receive an automated
response to your application acknowledging we have received it. Upon the
closing date of the vacancy, applicants are reviewed and if successful are
invited to attend a Vacancy Screening Session at West Thames College. You may
be contacted to take part in courses we feel would be beneficial to applicants
interested in Apprenticeships such as Pre Employment training. If you are not
interested in receiving invitations to these courses please send an email to
email@example.com clearly stating your name and your request.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017