Apprentice Community Carer Brunelcare
To deliver and maintain high standards of care to our Customers within the community and display the Following qualities and skills: Personal • Kind, sympathetic nature • Common sense • Genuine interest in care • Flexible • Punctual
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Work to the standards of the Code of Practice as outlined by the General Social Care Council
- Support the Customers needs for daily living as outlined in their Care Plan
- Work within Brunelcare's polices and procedures
- Inform your Line Manager and the Customers next of kin (if required) of any concerns regarding the Customers information in their Care Plan, accurately documenting where necessary
- Respect the dignity and privacy of the Customer at all times
- Attend reviews of Customer if required
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is maintained, recorded accurately and promptly
- Observe the Brunelcare code of confidentiality at all times
- Be flexible to provide cover for holiday and sickness, including occasional work in other areas
- Carry your identification badge at all times whilst on duty
- To work effectively as a member of the care team
- Attend mandatory team meetings when required
- Attend regular supervision meetings with your Line Manager, including one appraisal per year
- Attend mandatory training
- Attain a Diploma in Health and Social Care (if desired) to enhance your role
- Dress in accordance with the Brunelcare dress code
- Follow instructions as detailed on your timesheet / PDA, recording variances and reporting concerns as they occur
- Return signed timesheets promptly at the end of each working week
- Any other task reasonably requested by your Line Manager
Requirements and prospects
To have good communication, organisational skills and an ability to show initiative.
- To have a patient, caring nature and enthusiasm to care for the elderly.
- To be approachable and friendly and be able to communicate well with the residents in a respectful manner.
- To have a keen willingness to learn.
No specific entry requirement as support will be given on programme.
Things to consider
About the employer
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Emma Tibbs (01458 844631)
Due to the nature of the position Brunel Care are only able to consider apprenticeship applications from applicants who are 18 and above.
We would consider a permanent position as a Care Assistant within the company for the right candidate. We are very keen to support further training to assist in that role, for example, Infection Prevention and Control, End of Life Care. The post could also lead to the candidate undertaking the Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017