Health and Social Care Apprentice Barrowhill Hall Care Home
A fantastic apprenticeship opportunity to join Barrowhill Hall to provide general care for clients, and gain a Level 2 or 3 qualification in Health and Social Care.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
17 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Health Care Apprentice required to support other Carers in the general care of residents, the role will involve:
- Supporting residents with personal care including bathing, washing, oral hygiene, shaving, toileting, hair and nail care
- Supporting residents to mobilise
- Supporting residents with eating and drinking – serving food and drinks, assisting residents to eat and drink if required, clearing away after meals
- Supporting residents with activities and interests
- Laundry duties
- Some domestic duties including cleaning
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to recognise poor practice
- Knowledge of the Safeguarding Process
- Ability to recognise and report hazards
- Able to carry out moving and positioning techniques (after training)
- Ability to show empathy
- Accurate record keeping
- Ability to work as a team
- Using initiative
- Communicating effectively
- Self - development
- Quality focused
- People skills
Things to consider
About the employer
The luxury home provides specialist dementia care as well as residential, nursing, respite and day care. The home has been specially designed to offer surroundings that are beneficial to those living with memory loss.
Barrowhill Hall offers the highest standards of care, through personalised care packages delivered by highly qualified staff.
Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care to include:
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1 (unless exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Or if the applicant already has a level 2:
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2 (unless exempt)
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017