Apprentice Nursery Assistant Top Thump Nursery
Tom Thumb Nursery are looking for a nursery assistant to assist them with the day to day duties of their childcare provisions between the ages of 6 months - 5 years. If you are enthusiastic, fun and caring this is your entry into the childcare industry!
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
12 Aug 2016
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2/3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- - Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- - Whole school/Centre record keeping
- - Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
Things to consider
About the employer
We believe children are individuals. We talk to the children and listen to them, making them feel important and that what they say is interesting. We offer a warm caring and secure environment within which children are able to explore, learn and develop at their own pace. We ensure that the individual needs of the children are met, effectively promoting their physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
Parents are considered to be very important members of the nursery. We understand that they need to know what their children have been doing daily while away from home. We believe that parental involvement is crucial in order for us to work together, in an open and honest partnership. We provide opportunities for the parents to get to know each other, including social evenings and nursery outings.
Here at Tom Thumb the staff are approachable and friendly, but most of all committed to the well being of each child. The children are paramount at all times.
Tom Thumb nursery is well known for its child friendly environment. We have an experienced and stable staff team, which provides consistency for the children together with good quality day care.
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
- Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2/3
- Functional Skills: English, Maths & ICT (If Required)
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.