Apprentice Teaching Assistant Storybook Montessori Ascot Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new and ambitious Montessori nursery in Ascot
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working directly under the Montessori Teachers and will be responsible for helping ensure that the best possible environment and care is provided for the children. We are committed to ensuring that staff are provided with opportunities to develop their skills both professionally and personally to ensure that they can achieve their goals. Apprentices will be supported by our Montessori Teachers and will be involved in all aspects of the children’s daily care and education.
- To uphold the highest standard of Care and Education at all times
- To assist the Montessori Teachers in the planning and implementation of activities appropriate to the children’s needs and interests in order to enhance their experiences and enable them to reach their full potential
- To assist with the settling in of new children attending the setting, providing emotional support in addition to meeting developmental needs
- To work individually as well as within a team
- To uphold Montessori principles and practice at all times
- Work closely with the support of the Montessori teachers to implement Montessori through the EYFS
- To carry out other duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills – good command of spoken and written English
- Passion and enthusiasm for working with children
- The ability to work both within a team and independently
- Commitment to personal and professional development in order to progress within the setting
- Patience and a calm nature around the children
- Ambition and drive to succeed
- Ability to interact with both children and adults in a polite and respectful manner
- Commitment to personal learning and development within the childcare field
- GCSE A-C Maths and English or equivalent.
- Paediatric First Aid (Not essential)
About the employer
Storybook Montessori Ascot Ltd
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor. The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need. At the end of your training you will achieve a diploma in Early Years that is a recognised qualification in the childcare sector.
As part of your training you will cover ERR unit, Technical certificate and functional skills in Maths English and ICT. You will gain a childcare qualification at either level 2 or 3.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Sarah Harden 01753 313460
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017