This is a completely unique and once in a lifetime opportunity to work as a Production Apprentice on some of the last remaining knitting machines in the world!
Apprentice Production Assistant
Sophisticated Legs Ltd
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Mon to Thu 8am-4pm. Fri 8am-2pm (36 hours)
Possible start date
01 Apr 2017
21 Jul 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will shadow the experienced operators to learn everything needed to run the machines, including:
- Setting needles.
- Machine setting.
- Machine preparation.
- Machine changeover.
- Machine maintenance.
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in machinery.
- Hard working.
- Attention to detail.
- GCSE Grade C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
- This apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and begin to build a career.
- There is the prospect of a permanent position at the end of your Apprenticeship, based on performance.
Things to consider
- Must be able to get to employer premises on a daily basis.
About the employer
Sophisticated Legs manufacture authentic ranges of Fully Fashioned (seamed) and Reinforced Heel and Toe (seamless) stockings on original Reading knitting machines. They are one of the last remaining companies in the world to knit Fully Fashioned stockings on these authentic machines just as they were made in the 1960’s, only a handful remain operational in the world today. Their stockings are shipped around the world to people who appreciate the quality and skill that goes into producing each pair. Gio stockings are unique, 100% Nylon and made by a skilled team in our factory in England.
Your apprenticeship will include:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations.
- Industrial Awareness Level 2 Certificate.
- Functional Skills English (if applicable).
- Functional Skills Maths (if applicable).
- Functional Skills Information Communication Technology (if applicable).
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund (01332 296995)
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017