Automotive Technician Apprentice working towards Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework
**Peugeot Apprentice Automotive Technician
Peugeot Motor Company Plc
Closing date: 23 Jun 2017
40 Hours - Hours to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Approximately 36 months
Possible start date
26 Jun 2017
14 Jul 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Are you looking to start a career within the automotive industry?
Do you want to work for the company that came 2nd in the best apprentice employer of 2014 awards?
Are you self-motivated and results oriented?
This role covers a wide range of specialisms, including:
- Light commercial vehicles
- Electrics and electronic, known as an Auto Electrician
- Parts replacements
- Parts storage
- Stock orders
- Dealing with customers
These roles bring a great amount of satisfaction to individuals with a passion for problem solving.
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Work well under pressure
- Time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Aged 16+
- Have a passion for the automotive industry
- Be committed to complete a 3 year programme
- A desire to continually develop
A Minimum of 3 GCSE Grades C or Above – including Maths & English Language (Equivalents Accepted)
Candidates who fail to state their GCSE Results in Maths & English Language will be automatically unsuccessful.
Once you become qualified and more experienced, there are plenty of opportunities to develop your career by moving into supervision and aftersales management. This means there’s a world of opportunities ahead of you.
You may also be able to work towards a Master Technician status over 4 years.
About the employer
PSA Peugeot Citroen dealership.
Peugeot Citroën Retail is owned by the iconic brands in our name. We have over 40 dealerships in the UK and we sell more than 70,000 cars and vans a year.
That makes us a major player in the automotive world (and let’s face it, what a world to be in!). As the manufacturer-owned retail Group we aim to lead the way and our dedicated Apprentice Programme is looking for new talent who are confident that they have the X factor to do just that. Our people give us the edge.
For 2015 the service technician programme will now comprise of being split into two learning journeys, rather a longer 3 year programme, we well be able to offer a two year level 2 programme at service technician level. The candidates who successfully complete their level 2
apprenticeship and who are eligible for our level 3 programme maybe enrolled onto our level 3 programme for another 12 months.
*Subject to meeting the level 3 entry requirements
- Level 2 NVQ, Level 2 Technical Certificate during the two year programme.
- 12 weeks of formal training at The Academy in Coventry during the level programme
- Courses start at 10.00am on a Monday to allow for travel or eliminate the Sunday night stay
- Functional Skills in the first 6 months
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey
- Service Technician Development Plan
- Electric Vehicle level 1
Level 3 NVQ & Level 3 Diploma
- 6 weeks of formal training at The Academy in Coventry during the level programme.
- 5 day training weeks for level 3 programme.
- Courses start at 10.00am on a Monday to allow for travel or eliminate the Sunday night stay.
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey.
- Maintenance Technician Development Plan
- Refrigerant & Gas Handling accreditation at the successful completion of level 3 programme (requires an additional day at The Academy)
- In addition to our level 2 and level 3 programme, learners will have Bespoke Academy development plans for apprentices, incorporating prerequisite
- e-learning & assessments linked to the formal qualifications
Peugeot or Citroen Service Technician during the Level 2 apprenticeship
Peugeot or Citroen Maintenance Technician qualification status is gained at the successful completion of all training and assessments for the level 3 apprenticeship.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Peugeot Citroen Apprenticeships
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Citroen Uk Ltd
Demi- lea Pargetter - email@example.com
We conduct telephone interviews to all successful candidates who progress through to the next stage – please provide a correct contact number on your application.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2017