An exciting opportunity to begin your career with Parenta Training, working in an early years setting. Become an apprentice in one of our fun and friendly nurseries working with children aged from birth to five years gaining experience while you learn.
St Augustine's Catholic Primary School
Closing date: 15 Apr 2017
30 hours a week min
Childcare Level 2 Duration12 - 18 MONTHS
Possible start date
16 Apr 2017
17 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or 3 diploma in Childcare
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.30. This is the legal minimum pay per hour. Most receive more; a median basic hourly pay rate of £6.31 for Level 2 and 3, and £9.68 for Level 4 and 5 Higher Apprentices.
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised.
- A willingness to learn
No GCSE Minimum requirement however if you would like to progress to Level 3 then you will need to have English and Maths A* - C Grade or equivalent.
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Things to consider
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
About the employer
The school is larger than most primary schools.
The proportion of pupils receiving pupil premium is lower than the national average. This is additional funding given for looked after children, pupils known to be eligible for free school
meals and children of service families. There are no children of service families currently in the school.
The proportion of pupils from minority ethnic groups is well above average and increasing. The proportion of pupils who speak English as an additional language is also above average.
The proportion of disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs supported through school action is below average, but the proportion supported at school action plus or
through a statement of special educational needs is average.
The school does not make use of any alternative provision for its pupils.
The school meets the government’s current floor standards, which set the minimum expectations for pupils’ attainment and progress.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Work based learning
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Parenta Group
100% Work based apprenticeship.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Apr 2017