Calling all aspiring Chefs! Stanton Lakes Restaurant in Stoney Stanton have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be trained as a Professional Chef.
Commis Chef Apprentice
Stanton Lakes Ltd
Closing date: 02 Apr 2017
40 hours 'see Important other information'
Possible start date
20 Apr 2017
17 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to take on the position of Commis Chef Apprentice in this unique lakeside Restaurants in Stoney Stanton.
As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the experienced kitchen staff.
Key Responsibilities of the Role include:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken
- Commitment to personal development
- Must be a good communicator
- Passionate about food
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and self motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use initiative
- No formal qualifications required, however GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) would be advantageous. An initail assessment would take place prior to the start of the Apprenticeship training programme.
Most employers working with Leicester College are keen to offer permanent employment to a reliable, hardworking individual based on their performance throughout their Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role involves working evenings and weekends.
About the employer
Stanton Lakes is a unique lakeside restaurant & bar which caters for the "every" day as well as the extra special days.
A perfect place to get away from it all - the restaurant is the place to dine if you are looking for appetising food in a relaxed and unique setting or maybe just to enjoy a few drinks and appreciate the view of the lake from the decked terrace. We offer various gluten free options on the menu and the venue has good disabled access.
Celebrate all your special family occasions - we offer individual wedding packages - each one tailored to suit and Stanton Lakes is now licensed as a civil ceremony venue.
Come and stay for a few days with your touring caravan - with fishing all year round and things to enjoy on and in the water during the summer months, it is an ideal place to visit.
Situated in the south Leicestershire countryside on the outskirts of the village of Stoney Stanton, but within 10 miles of the M1, M69, A5 and Fosse Park, Stanton Lakes offers a perfect escape from the daily routine.
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Professional Cookery
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths and English
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities unit
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Weekly wage at start: £160.00
Working Week: 40 hours per week
5 Days per week (including weekends)
Interview date and possible start date are only a guideline. Interviews for this position could be arranged at any time after the closing date therefore the start date could alter.
Applications will only be accepted through the Apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Apr 2017