This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the baking industry and really wants to get on the ladder to a long and successful career within this sector.
Good Health Store
Closing date: 21 May 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
35 Hours Mon-Fri
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 May 2017
15 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen operation, to ensure that statutory obligations and company standards are met, that a smooth, efficient service is maintained and that the product provided is of the highest standards
- Adhere to strict food & hygiene regulations
- Have knowledge and follow company and statutory health and safety
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas
- Maintain personal hygiene standards at all times
- Assist all sections within the kitchen to ensure a smooth and efficient service to the highest standard
- Maintain a workload rate that ensures the kitchen operation is efficient and avoid any disturbances to service
- Work well under the instruction of the line mng
- Ensure the kitchen area is kept clean and tidy, pots, crockery and utensils etc are cleaned and put away
- Support in preparation of products ready to be cooked, cooking under supervision and presenting to the highest standard
- To communicate well with the team
- Have a true interest and passion for the baking and chocolatier industry, be patient and be willing to learn
- Dealing with members of the public, serving customers, using a till and handling monies, displaying items, packing items to be order ready
- To mix, prepare and bake bread
- To help in the display of bakery items in the shop
- To make scones, vanilla slice and fresh cream products.
- To prepare sponges, danish pastries and cakes
- To make pastry and use in the preparation of savoury items
- To bake pasties, sausage rolls and veg slices
- To keep the bakery clean
- To help order ingredients. Retail work (e.g packaging, displaying products, serving customers)General cleaning and tidying
For the suitable applicant there is the potential of a job at the end of the apprenticeship.
THIS ROLE WILL BE A 5AM START TIME SO THE SUITABLE APPLICANT MUST LIVE LOCAL
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker, polite, able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Be able to work long
- Enthusiastic approach
- Excellent timekeeping
- Professional and presentable appearance is a must
- 2 GCSE’s at Grade A* to D plus GCSE English at Grade A-E or equivalent
Possible progression onto an advanced level apprenticeship in Bakery
Things to consider
THE SUITABLE APPLICANT MUST BE AGED 18 OR ABOVE DUE TO THE START TIME
Long periods standing will be required for this position
About the employer
Health Store selling supplements, vitamins and fruit and vegetables. The store also includes a bakery which is where the apprentice would predominantly work
Good Health Store
373 Wakefield Road
Attendance at Barnsley College to complete an intermediate level bakery apprenticeship and functional skills if required
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell - 01226 216146
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 May 2017