Hairdressing Apprenticeship Mathew Alexander Atelier
Do you have a passion for Hairdressing? Do you have a creative flare, then this could be the Apprenticeship for you. Mathew Alexander Atelier are looking for someone motivated and enthusiastic to join their team!
Closing date: 28 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Jul 2017
14 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist stylists,
- Meet and greet clients,
- Shampoo/condition hair,
- Keep salon tidy,
- Make teas and coffees for clients,
- Attend training sessions within the salon and at college to learn basic skills in hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good team player
- GCSE A-C or equivalent Grade in English and Maths
- Complete apprenticeship at NVQ Level 2 and progress to stylist within salon.
- Possible opportunity to further own skills by completing Barbering NVQ level 2 and/or Hairdressing NVQ Level 3.
Things to consider
Training sessions in salon on models.
Day release to college for training at Central Training Group and Joshua Galvin.
Central Training Group will contact you via E-mail or Post once application is received from the National Apprenticeship Website. Once application from that was sent to you is received you will then be required to attend an Information Session with Central Training Group.
Your details will be passed to the employer; they may contact you either via e-mail or phone.
About the employer
Mathew Alexander is right at home in the world of celebrity and high fashion, but it’s his work with civilians like you and me that lifts him out of the ordinary.
This is the perfect opportunity if you have that creative flare.
- Full in-house training to be provided by the employer, alongside attending Joshua Galvin Academy to work towards and complete your level 2 NVQ qualification in hairdressing.
Central Hairdressing & Joshua Galvin Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Central Training Academy
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2017