Cornerstone are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children
Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Closing date: 05 May 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
35 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 May 2017
01 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
• Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
• Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
• Working as part of a team.
• To implement the daily routine.
• The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
• Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
• Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
• Positive management of children's behaviour.
• Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
• Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
• Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times.
• Laundry duties.
• Attendance of staff meetings.
• Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
• Contribute to planning observations and activities.
• To use own initiative and work as part of a team.
Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- GCSEs C or above preferable (or equivalent).
Possible Permanent Position.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
At Cornerstone Day Nursery & Pre-school we provide full day care for 6 months -5 year old babies and children. It is spacious, comfortable, bright and welcoming, situated away from noise and traffic.
Our Nursery reflects a calm, friendly and home-like atmosphere which cultivates a sense of security in children and helps transition between the home and school.
We are registered with Ofsted and conform to the Childrens acts 1989 and 2004.
Our groups are small in order to encourage the children to display creative ability, language skills, imaginative thinking and play as well as being made aware of social skills like courtesy, thoughtfulness and caring for others.
Childcare Level 2/3 and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017