Train to become a chef, no experience needed. You will be trained in all aspects of the kitchen.
Fox & Hounds
Closing date: 28 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Wednesday - Sunday 30 hours shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2017
06 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking to offer the successful candidate a broad knowledge of how an independent kitchen is run.
- From prep to service, you will learn all aspects of the kitchen.
- Skills learnt will prep you for your future years in hospitality.
- Applicants must have a genuine passion for cooking. Be hard working and want to learn.
- A positive attitude is a must and candidates must be able to communicate well, and work well under pressure.
Job role includes -
- Preparing food from fresh
- Cooking food
- Presenting food
- Storing food correctly
- Adhering to health and safety at all times
- Cleaning the kitchen at all times
- Working with the kitchen team
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Passion for food
- Hard working
- Good communication
- Upbeat personality
- Any previous cooking skills or experience would be advantageous.
To be discussed with employer
Things to consider
This is a physically demanding role. You will be expected to work shifts, which include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
About the employer
Dominating the village green, the grand frontage of the three-storey Fox & Hounds lends this pub a proud and aristocratic air. It looks a picture in its classically English setting, partially hidden by the foliage of Exton’s ancient trees.
A recent full refurbishment has given the pub a luxurious quality. Rochelle Bushell, the pub’s new South African owner, says: “Every square inch of the three floors has undergone mammoth upgrading, not only to ensure this grand old lady stands for another few hundred years, but also continues her life as the new Fox & Hounds Hotel.”
The changes are significant and include a larger pub, a quiet lounge area/hotel reception, and a dedicated a la carte restaurant.
The accommodation, now open, has been renovated to ‘boutique hotel’ standard, and an additional self-catering two-bedroom suite opens later in the year, together with a gym and sauna room.
The restaurant is open from Tuesday to Sunday, 12-2.30pm and 6.30-9.30pm, and head chef is Omar Palazzolo, formerly of La Gavroche, Nobu and Tom’s Kitchen.
Fox & Hounds
19 The Green
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality & Catering Principles –
- Professional Cookery Or Kitchen Services
- Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Hospitality & Catering Principles – Professional Cookery or Kitchen Services
- Personal, learning, thinking skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Transferable Skills:
- Functional skills – Mathematics level 1
- Functional skills – English level 1
Catering and Professional Chefs
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Ria Bramhall - 07538 334561 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2017