Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Lesley Vincent
Are you looking to start a fulling and rewarding career in Childcare? Join our fabulous, bright, and friendly nursery that provides diverse learning opportunities for children and a fun working environment!
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
06 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your main duties would be:
- To greet parents in a warm, welcoming and professional manner as they are dropping off or collecting their children.
- To provide a safe, stimulating, and fun environment for all children within the group room.
- To complete any required planning and record keeping in line with Leap Frogs policies and procedures.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all children at all times through adherence to Leap Frogs safe working systems.
Requirements and prospects
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good communication and observation/listening skills.
- Experience in working with young children.
- Knowledge of games and activities for young children.
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- Reliable and flexible
- Good time keeping
- Happy and friendly person
Things to consider
About the employer
Leapfrog Nursery School has been well established in Winchmore Hill since 1998. Our nursery Principal, is an early year's specialist teacher who grew up in Winchmore Hill and understands the needs and aspirations of the local community.
At Leapfrog we pride ourselves in providing children with the essential Early Years experiences which lay foundations for their future learning. Through carefully chosen activities we facilitate children's learning by concentrating on developing and extending children's interests. Our staff work alongside and in partnership with children and their parents to gain valuable insight into the children's learning and understanding. Our unique children are at the centre of our approach to early years teaching.
We give children the opportunity to explore, be creative and curious, express themselves, observe, question and discuss, build relationships, and have control over the direction of their learning.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT
- Paediatric First Aid
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
For further information please contact Beverley Woodhouse firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017