This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your Customer Service skills, dealing with framing and photographic roles whilst gaining your qualification!
Framing and Photographic Gallery Apprenticeship
Closing date: 23 May 2017
Tues-Sat, 9am-5pm, 35 hours per week
Possible start date
05 Jun 2017
11 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will be taught how to sell and display artwork.
- How to interact with customers, as well as selling frames and related products.
- The employee will also learn how to manufacture mounts and frames for customers they have dealt with in the Gallery.
- You will also be shown basic photographic and printing skills.
- You will be involved with all aspects of the business and will be expected to be happy to work independently and as part of small team on a day to day basis.
Requirements and prospects
- Professional telephone manner
- Basic knowledge of manual skills
- Excellent verbal and communicational skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise work
- Ability to work flexibly both in a team and independently
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to try new things.
No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable.
- If the applicant is successful they can go on to a Level 3 Apprenticeship or into further training or employment.
- The retail qualification will enable you to utilise the skills learnt when applying for jobs with other retailers. However this position will also give you an insight into the Art industry, the manufacturing of framing products and printing/photography. This trainee position could lead to a full-time permanent position with Croxley Galleries.
Things to consider
- If you do not have work experience or good grades in English, Maths and ICT, First Rung can support you with this.
About the employer
First Rung is a North London based training provider offering training and apprenticeships. We have three centres - Colindale, Ponders End, and Watford.
To find out more about First Rung, visit our website at www.firstrung.org.uk
143A High Street
- Level 2 Customer Service Diploma, Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths- if required.
For more information on First Rung please watch the link below:
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
For further information please contact Beverley Woodhouse email@example.com
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 May 2017