Childcare Apprenticeship Little Angels
This is a great start your career in childcare.The role includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere where the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
06 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Must be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs. They may also bathe them and take care of their hygiene needs.
- Supervising children play time
- Engaging children in learning and pay activities
- Keeping and updating records
- Working with team members
- Maintaining a high standard or operation
- Attending staff meetings
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Knowledge of games and activities for children
- Previous experience in a nursery setting
- Leadership and Organisation
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Communication and Listening
- Being Flexible and Understanding
- No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable.
- The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college.
Things to consider
- If candidates are not suitable,First Rung can offer them alternative training to gain work experience and qualifications.
About the employer
- Functional skills Level 1 in English, maths and ICT. Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce and Paediatric First Aid.
For more information on childcare apprenticeships with First Rung watch the link below:
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017