Twizzle Tops are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
03 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team.
- To implement the daily routine.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings.
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Contribute to planning observations and activities.
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSEs grade C or above preferable (or equivalent qualifications).
Possible permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
Twizzle Tops Day Nursery Lakeside is based inside the Partyman World of Play premises in our own dedicated rooms, providing childcare for ages 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Twizzle Tops nursery in Lakeside opened in 2009 and was the first of the day nurseries within Partyman World of Play. Since then we have received a Quality Mark Award and an OfSTED report of ‘Good’ with areas of ‘Outstanding’ in 2012.
Our baby room consists of a black and white area which helps babies to gain focus from an early age. We also have low-level play equipment, perfect for when babies begin to gain control of their bodies, and have a wide variety of space available, meaning that our babies can move and explore freely without limitations.
Unlike other day care nurseries in Lakeside, we also have an enchanting sensory room which helps babies develop their fine motor skills as well as tune into their senses.
Our toddler and pre-school rooms offer a ‘free flow’ concept. Free flow play has been proven to be more beneficial for the children as it more closely reflects the 'at home' experience. When children have more choice and freedom to move between spaces they develop greater independence and are much more content!
Within the rooms at our day care nursery in Lakeside, we have a large indoor sand pit, cosy area, messy play zone and mark making area.
We thrive on including at home experiences as much as we can within our nursery life and areas, our role play and home corner reflect this.
We have daily adventures into our outside area to feed the ducks and talk about the shapes that we see, as well as regular fun days within the nursery and fun trips to the local cinema, theatre, and even the farm.
Thurrock Lakeside Shopping Centre
- Level 2 Childcare
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017