Business and Administration Apprentice Watford & District YMCA
This apprenticeship is an opportunity to gain real work experience at Orbital Community Centre whilst studying for a Level 2 qualification in Business and Administration.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
03 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working at all times, under the supervision of a qualified/experienced member of staff, the apprentice key responsibilities are to:
- Be responsible for a range of general reception duties.
- Assist in administrative and clerical duties to support the work of the Community Centre.
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered to all visitors and users of the centre at all times.
- Welcome and direct visitors, customers and users of the Centre efficiently and pleasantly ensuring high standards of customer care.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management
- Willingness to learn
- IT skills
- Good work ethic
- Work well on own and also as part of a team
- Friendly and approachable
Things to consider
About the employer
The YMCA provides a range of social housing, sports, health and wellbeing, children's services, youth, and community activities within Hertfordshire for the benefit of local people and communities.
With a turnover exceeding £8 million and over 250 staff, the YMCA is committed to making a difference in the local area through the services it delivers and the partner organisations it works with.
Watford & District YMCA
- Level 2 Business Administration Diploma
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
For further information on First Rung, please watch the link below:
Business and Administration
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
For any further information please contact Beverley Woodhouse firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017