You will be working in a successful, family run care home as part of a staff team providing high quality care to service users.
Health & Social Care Apprentice
High Brake House
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
26 Jun 2017
27 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Supporting qualified staff in day to day routines of the health and social care setting including assisting with activities, feeding, general personal care, interacting with residents, gardening etc.
- Assisting with personal care and moving and handling of service users
- Promoting independence and providing activities
- Working as a member of a team
- Awareness of health and safety policies and procedures
- Complete any necessary paperwork e.g. inputting on care plans, accident forms and incidents
Requirements and prospects
- Flexible and able to use own initiative
- Can manage workload effectively
- Good communicator and friendly
- Caring nature
- Willingness to work in a health and social care environment
- No previous qualifications in health and social care needed.
- Initial assessments will be undertaken to assess literacy and numeracy skills
- Possible full time employment
- Progression to Level 3
About the employer
High Brake House Residential and Dementia Care Home in Clitheroe, Lancashire has been run by Brierley Care for the last 10 years. This family run home is situated in the picturesque Ribble Valley.
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If required)
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Kirsty Gregory 01254 292470
Apprentice National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.30. This is the legal minimum pay per hour. Most receive more; a median basic hourly pay rate of £6.31 for Level 2 and 3, and £9.68 for Level 4 and 5 Higher Apprentices.
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
Days and hours to be worked to be discussed at interview.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017