We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery assistant to work as a member of the nursery team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children's all round development and where high standards of care are provided.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Closing date: 06 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm, 35 hours per week
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Jun 2017
25 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To promote children’s intellectual, physical and social development through activities, whilst ensuring that the individual needs of the child are met.
- To assist in maintaining and developing an attractive educational and play environment.
- To maintain the nursery environment, including cleaning and setting up units with appropriate toys and activities for the following day.
- To assist children with personal cleanliness.
- To prepare/store and tidy equipment and materials including paint, cut paper, glue, play dough, toys and general equipment.
- To assist in the preparation/clearing away of food and provisions that are used during the course of the daily routine.
Requirements and prospects
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good communication and observation/listening skills with people with specific communication difficulties
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge.
- Good Time Keeping
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A "Can Do" Attitude
No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable.
The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college.
Things to consider
If you do not have the required qualifications or work experience First Rung can support you with this.
About the employer
- We are a private day nursery, registered by Ofsted to care for children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years.
- Our nursery is open to all communities and we aim to provide a secure, stimulating and caring environment which will encourage your child to develop to their maximum potential whilst in a happy and homely environment.
- All children at Planet Tiny will get the opportunity to freely express themselves through play and experience a variety of activities.
- Our highly professional and committed staff provide care to the highest standard ensuring the children remain happy, have fun whilst being stimulated and challenged at all times
Functional skills Level 1 in English, maths and ICT. Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce and Paediatric First Aid.
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung http://bit.ly/1889SjC
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
For further information please contact Beverley Woodhouse firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2017