Apprentice Classroom Assistant Little Owls Childcare Centre
You will need to be able to support children with their learning activities in the classroom and work with teachers to make sure pupils enjoy learning in a safe and caring environment.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
up to 2 years
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
11 May 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will need to like working with children and want to play a part in their education and wellbeing and be able to work closely with parents and teachers. You will also need good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as being able to inspire and create activities to help children engage in their learning.
- Working as part of a Nursery team on a day to day basis
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working alongside Early Years Practitioners looking at planning and preparation of activities, to meet children’s individual needs, communicating with the team ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Support our children’s equal opportunities policy with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination
- Take part in keeping of development records and observations
- Support positive management of children's behaviour and play
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Providing a good role model within the Nursery at all times
- Report accidents and incidents to a senior member of the team
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes of the children
- Hygiene and laundry duties to be completed within the Nursery timescale
- Participating in regular children's outings within the showground and garden playtime
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of Next Steps Childcare Centre and to compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- It is the responsibility of any member of the Company to disclose any criminal convictions immediately to the Directors before or during their employment
Requirements and prospects
- To have a patient, caring nature and be able to inspire young children’s learning
- To be friendly and have a good communicable approach towards children/learners
- To have a keen willingness to learn
Things to consider
About the employer
Little Owls Childcare Centre
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Maths, English and IT) if required
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Trudi Gunning - 01458 844499
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017