We are an independent menswear boutique specialising in high fashion clothing. We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person to join our growing e-commerce team near East London.
Apprentice Office Support
ABACUS FASHIONS LIMITED
Closing date: 05 May 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
35 hours M-F 9:30 - 5:30
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 May 2017
12 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be:
- Creating pages for our products including detailed descriptions.
- Responsible for completion of work to daily and weekly deadlines.
- Carry out ad hoc duties within Ecommerce department when required.
Other duties may include:
- Data input, data extraction, photocopying, faxing, filing and typing duties.
- To deal with internal and external post and e-mails on a day-to-day basis.
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records.
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To provide appropriate reception cover as and when required.
- To meet and greet visitors as required.
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures.
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Attend and take part in team meetings and regular reviews with line manager etc.
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all educational and training as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Established writing skills with good grammar
- Ability to create detailed descriptions
- Must be confident with Windows based computers
- Team player, quick learner with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
GCSEs C or above in Maths and English essential (or equivalent qualifications).
Further training and potential full-time employment.
About the employer
Established in 1982, ZOOFASHIONS.COM has been dressing it's affluent and fashion forward clientele for over 30 years.
From the onset of the store opening there has always been a burning desire to find even more creative, rare and unique pieces. ZOOFASHIONS.COM continually sources the globe to showcase the talents of enigmatic fashion designers.
Recognised in the industry for breaking new designers, ZOOFASHIONS.COM eclectic and diverse brand portfolio, showcased within our contemporary vision, is a haven for the UK's leading stylists, ever eager to visit our destination store, which offers a sanctuary away from London's turbulent shopping experience. This is an ethos that transcends through our online store.
- Business and Administration Level 2
- Technical Certificate Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017