Apprentice Butcher County Foods Ltd
Working in partnership with M.E.A.T. Ipswich Ltd, County Foods a successful, fast growing Catering Butchers is focused on the development of their own people, from Apprentice through to Shift Manager. Working 37 – 42 hours per week over 5 / 6 days (Monday
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
13 - 16 months
Possible start date
07 Sep 2017
06 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
All aspects of butchery work will be covered during your training. Formal accredited training will be provided on site by our butchery training specialists M.E.A.T.S. Ipswich. On successful completion of the training, the apprentice will receive the Certificate for Proficiency in Meats and Poultry Industry skills (Level 2).
Requirements and prospects
Applicants need to:
- Be able to work within a team.
- Pay attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Be a good listener and communicator.
- Be keen to learn all aspects of the butchery trade.
- Be reliable and hardworking.
- Enjoy practical work.
- Have reasonable numeracy and literacy skills
- Be of clean and tidy appearance
- Although no formal qualifications are required, it is an advantage to have GCSE C+ or equivalent.
- You will be required to provide proof of any relevant qualifications.
Things to consider
- The work is physically demanding and you will need to work hard to achieve your goals.
- Saturday morning shifts are included as part of your normal working pattern.
- As you would expect, temperatures in our general food production areas are around 4°c, so you should be aware that you will be working in these areas for long periods of time, all year round.
- Prior to being signed up for your apprenticeship, you must show that you are reliable and committed to your role and the Company.
- Your qualification will be attained through a structured training plan involving both preparation / butchery of various produce to customer specific requirements and completion of ‘workbooks’ / assignments issued by the Company’s training provider, M.E.A.T. Ipswich.
- Your workbooks will need to be completed and submitted by set dates, therefore you may need to work on them at home in order to meet deadlines.
About the employer
We pride ourselves on exceptional levels of customer care and the ability to source top quality products at competitive prices thus providing our customers with confidence that all of their expectations will be met.
In the spring of 2011 we decided to invest heavily in a new purpose built plant with state of the art environmentally friendly equipment, approved by the carbon trust. This has allowed us to increase production capacity, improve efficiency, expand the company’s product range and in turn has enabled us to meet the demands of some of the country’s leading chefs.
Based In Poole, County Foods are uniquely placed to meet the demands of any hotel, restaurant, hospital, nursing home or catering establishment with a particular emphasis on products sourced from local suppliers in the south of England.
Food and Drink
M.E.A.T Ipswich Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Meat East Anglia Trades (Ipswich) Ltd
- There is currently a shortage of skilled butchers in the UK. If you work hard and commit to your apprenticeship, you can earn a qualification and make a good living.
- Hours and wage may differ according to age and experience.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017