Apprentice wanted whom is keen to establish a career within childcare. It is expected that the apprentice will contribute to and maintain a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Bloomers Day Nursery
Closing date: 04 Apr 2017
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. 9am - 5pm
Possible start date
06 Apr 2017
04 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening fayre, Christmas party, etc
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment, cleaning of activity area and toilets at intervals.
- Working alongside the manager and the staff team to ensure that the mission of the Nursery is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensuring that the manager or supervisor has initialed the report before the parent receives it
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Nursery.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to work within a team
- Friendly personality
- Keen towards establishing a career within childcare
- GCSEs in Maths and English (A-E) or equivalent
- This position will be reviewed at the end of the 12 month Apprenticeship placement
About the employer
Bloomers day nursery is registered by OFSTED with 52 places for babies and children aged 4months to 5 years of age.
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ level 2 in children and young person's workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Apr 2017