Nursery Assistant Apprentice Bloomers Day Nursery
Apprentice wanted whom is keen to establish a career within childcare. It is expected that the apprentice will contribute to and maintain a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
19 Sep 2017
04 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening fayre, Christmas party, etc
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment, cleaning of activity area and toilets at intervals.
- Working alongside the manager and the staff team to ensure that the mission of the Nursery is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensuring that the manager or supervisor has initialed the report before the parent receives it
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Nursery.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to work within a team
- Friendly personality
- Keen towards establishing a career within childcare
- GCSEs in Maths and English (A-E) or equivalent
- This position will be reviewed at the end of the 12 month Apprenticeship placement
About the employer
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017