Nursery Apprenticeship Assistant Childrens House Nursery School
To work alongside qualified staff supporting childrens' learning and development.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
25 Apr 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To work with staff in the rooms supporting routines and learning and development.
- To be involved with observing and planning for children.
- To work closely with key members of staff to enhance skills in childcare practice.
- You will be involved in teaching and playing with the children, setting up activities, clearing away after activities and planning activities for the children.
- We will give you every opportunity to improve your skills in all areas and inform you about all aspects of working with children.
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to communicate effectively.
- Good language skills.
- Positive attitude.
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent (minimum grade C or equivalent).
- Permanent position to the right person after qualifying.
About the employer
Childrens House Nursery School
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor. The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need.
As part of your training you will cover ERR unit, Technical certificate and functional skills in Maths English and ICT.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017