Apprentice chef Crowne Plaza - Gerrards Cross
You will join a new team of chefs preparing food for the restaurant, bar and grill within the newly opened Crowne Plaza in Gerrards Cross.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
19 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Using fresh ingredients to prepare a range of dishes as requested by the head chef for and during service
- To help maintain high standards of food safety and hygiene in the kitchen at all times
- Preparing dishes to a high standard of food preparation, food safety and presentation
- Ensuring that wastage is kept to a minimum
- Keeping the kitchen clean, safe and free from hazards for all visitors and working colleagues
- Assisting in kitchen cleaning
- Ordering food and other supplies
- Processing deliveries - checking in and storing food and supplies correctly
- Stock taking
- Performing any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef
Requirements and prospects
- It would be desirable but not essential to have an experience of working within a restaurant kitchen.
- You will also need to be a strong team player with a can-do attitude and have a creative flair and a passion for progression and constant improvement.
About the employer
Crowne Plaza Marlow hotel offers upscale, lakeside accommodation within 15 minutes drive of the M4 and M40 motorways. There's ample free parking and Heathrow Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Marlow station, five minutes' drive from the hotel, connects to London Paddington with trains via Maidenhead.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if relevant
- Employer Rights and Responsibilties (ERR)
Catering and Professional Chefs
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
Kirsty Bowling 01491 634173
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2017