You will join a new team of chefs preparing food for the restaurant, bar and grill within the newly opened Crowne Plaza in Gerrards Cross.
Crowne Plaza - Gerrards Cross
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
40 hours, Mon - Sat (shifts)
Possible start date
14 May 2017
19 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
In this role your daily responsibilities will include:
- Using fresh ingredients to prepare a range of dishes as requested by the head chef for and during service
- To help maintain high standards of food safety and hygiene in the kitchen at all times
- Preparing dishes to a high standard of food preparation, food safety and presentation
- Ensuring that wastage is kept to a minimum
- Keeping the kitchen clean, safe and free from hazards for all visitors and working colleagues
- Assisting in kitchen cleaning
- Ordering food and other supplies
- Processing deliveries - checking in and storing food and supplies correctly
- Stock taking
- Performing any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef
Requirements and prospects
- It would be desirable but not essential to have an experience of working within a restaurant kitchen.
- You will also need to be a strong team player with a can-do attitude and have a creative flair and a passion for progression and constant improvement.
You need to have an ability to maintain a focused and calm attitude.
You will need to either have achieved GCSE grades A* to C in Maths and English or equivalent or be working on achieving these grades by the end of your Apprenticeship.
There may be the possibility to progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship on completion of your Level 2.
About the employer
A refined Marlow hotel surrounded by countryside, with stunning event facilities, an indoor pool and a fitness centre.
Crowne Plaza Marlow hotel offers upscale, lakeside accommodation within 15 minutes drive of the M4 and M40 motorways. There's ample free parking and Heathrow Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Marlow station, five minutes' drive from the hotel, connects to London Paddington with trains via Maidenhead.
You will be working and gaining a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if relevant
- Employer Rights and Responsibilties (ERR)
Catering and Professional Chefs
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
Kirsty Bowling 01491 634173
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017