We are delighted to offer a vacancy for a modern Apprentice at our Romsey Nurseries.This is a great opportunity for someone who loves working with children and would like to complete a qualification whilst getting experience in the nursery.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2017
40 Hours per week Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Jul 2017
08 Apr 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will be supported in your qualification by all the team at Futurepath. In this role you will be spending time in all 3 of our rooms, training with children from birth to four years.
The position of Childcare Apprentice involves:
- Working as part of a team, where all members are valued.
- Support the staff in the rooms.
- Encourage the children to be as positive and independent as possible.
- Help to create an environment where children are happy, secure and relaxed, where they can learn and grow in confidence.
- Attend staff meetings and undertaking training as appropriate.
- Being flexible.
- Being involved preparing and planning activities.
- Maintain first aid and food safety certificates.
- Assisting with preparation and supervision of children meals.
- To put into practise all Future path childcare policies.
- To adhere to the dress code.
- To complete Future path childcare student training booklet.
- To keep up to date with NVQ.
- Attend college on days if required.
- Ensure the nursery is kept clean, tidy and safe. Resources are maintained in a good condition.
- Being involved with all children's activities in the nursery and work in co-operation with others.
- Work with children during activities and support if needed.
- Assisting with the supervision of children during arrival and departure times.
- Being positive and professional with parents/carers.
- Keep individual learning journals/care records up to date and in line with Futurepath Childcare requirement.
Requirements and prospects
- Have a passion for working with children.
- Punctual and reliable.
Candidates must have the ability to use their initiative, as well as working cooperatively as part of a team.
Able to plan and keep accurate records for a small group of children.
GCSE Maths/English A-C or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
We are very proud that all our previous Modern Apprentice have all decided to stay on with us here at Futurepath childcare.
Either to complete another qualification or as a fully qualified nursery nurse.
We are excited to see their careers grow here with us at Futurepath Childcare.
About the employer
Futurepath Childcare, is a first class all inclusive day nursery for children from birth to 5 years. Set in 50 acres of private countryside the nursery is known as ' The Excellence'
Excellent childcare is vital for you and for your child, at Futurepath we lay down the foundations so as when your child leaves nursery to go to school they leave happy, educated, independent, confident and equipped for their next big step!
- You will embark on a NVQ level 3 Childrens and Young Peoples Workforce qualification which will be delivered by observations in the work-place and ongoing assignments.
- Along side this you will complete Functional Skills in Communication, Application of Number and ICT.
Children and Young People's Workforce
FNTC TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FNTC Training & Consultancy
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. From October 1st 2015 it increase to £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2017