Hairdressing Apprenticeship at Bobbio Bobbio Ltd
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual? Bobbio are looking for a suitable candidate that will be able to work well with people, have good communication skills and personal presentation skills.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
13 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The candidate will assist stylists, meet and greet clients, shampoo/condition hair, keep salon tidy, make teas and coffees for clients.
- Attend training sessions within the salon and at college to learn basic skills in hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
Bobbio's are looking for someone who is:
- Good at communicating
- Has good presentation skills
- Is good at time-keeping
The candidate will need to be:
- A good team player
- A-C grades desirable although not essential or equivalent
- Complete apprenticeship at NVQ Level 2 and progress to junior stylist within salon.
- Possible opportunity to further own skills by completing Barbering NVQ level 2 and/or Hairdressing NVQ Level 3.
Things to consider
Training sessions in salons on models.
Day release to college for Training at Central Training Group and Joshua Galvin.
Central Training Group will contact you either via email or post once application from National Apprenticeship Website is received.
Once application form that was sent to candidate is received we will be required to attend an Information Session with Central Training Group.
Please note: Your details will be passed to the employer, they may contact you via email or telephone.
About the employer
Situated amongst the historic warehouses, cobbled roads and Thames River walkways, Bobbio's unique space offers our clients a chance to relax in traditional settings. As well as offering the latest in cutting, styling and colouring techniques, our Wapping salon hairdressers are trained in some of the more specialist services, such as the Brazilian Blow Dry.
- Full in-house training to be provided by the employer at the salon, alongside attending college to work towards, complete and achieve your qualification at the Joshua Galvin Academy.
- NVQ Level 2 in hairdressing will be completed.
Central Hairdressing & Joshua Galvin Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Central Training Academy
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017