Are you looking to start a fulling and rewarding career in Childcare? Join our fabulous, bright and friendly nursery that provides diverse learning opportunities for children and a fun working environment!
Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Closing date: 18 Apr 2017
Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm, 35 hours per week
Possible start date
25 Apr 2017
24 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your main duties would be:
- To greet parents in a warm, welcoming and professional manner as they are dropping off or collecting their children.
- To provide a safe, stimulating and fun environment for all children within the group room.
- To complete any required planning and record keeping in line with Leap Frogs policies and procedures.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all children at all times through adherence to Leap Frogs safe working systems.
- To prepare healthy and nutritious snacks.
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care.
Requirements and prospects
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good communication and observation/listening skills
- Experience in working with young children
- Knowledge of games and activities for young children
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- Reliable and Flexible
- Good Time keeping
- Happy and Friendly person
GCSE Grade C/D or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
Work experience in a childcare/youth setting.
The successful candidate can go on to further training or an apprenticeship at Level 3, or into employment.
Things to consider
Candidates who do not have the relevant work experience or qualifications could be offered another course at First Rung.
About the employer
Leapfrog Nursery School has been well established in Winchmore Hill since 1998. Our nursery Principal, is an early year's specialist teacher who grew up in Winchmore Hill and understands the needs and aspirations of the local community.
At Leapfrog we pride ourselves in providing children with the essential Early Years experiences which lay foundations for their future learning. Through carefully chosen activities we facilitate children's learning by concentrating on developing and extending children's interests. Our staff work alongside and in partnership with children and their parents to gain valuable insight into the children's learning and understanding. Our unique children are at the centre of our approach to early years teaching.
We give children the opportunity to explore, be creative and curious, express themselves, observe, question and discuss, build relationships, and have control over the direction of their learning.
Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce, Functional Skills in Maths, English, ICT, Paediatric First Aid.
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
This vacancy is being recruited for by First Rung on behalf of the nursery.
DO NOT CONTACT THE NURSERY DIRECTLY
The nursery WILL NOT answer any questions regarding the role or the Apprenticeships.
For any and all enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Apr 2017