An enthusiastic and ambitious Commis Chef is required to be part of an exceptional team at this stunning wedding venue. This is a practical position and involves preparation and presentation of exquisite menus using the finest local produce.
Commis Chef Apprentice
Closing date: 17 Apr 2017
40 hours per week shift work 4 out of 7 days
Possible start date
24 Apr 2017
22 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To produce food of an impeccable standard in line with Country House Weddings and Customer expectation to ensure our reputation as Britain’s Premier Wedding Venue is maintained
- To liaise with Head Chef or Sous Chef for daily duties
- To attend work in clean and appropriate work wear
- To ensure that you are aware of the recipes of all the menus and that you adhere to these
- To maintain food standards and quality procedures set out in the food manual.
- To report to Head and Sous Chef as and when stock levels are low
- To liaise with all in house departments to ensure good communication between departments
- To work hours to include breakfast and buffet
- To prepare food for Open Days and meetings as required in addition to weddings
- To possess an up to date food hygiene certificate
- To maintain health and hygiene standards and ensure all is documented, therefore achieving the highest standards of cleanliness
- To work in a clean and tidy kitchen, cleaning as you go, using coded chopping boards and labelling foods
- To take on washing up duties as required
- To deep clean kitchen area twice a month, as instructed by Head or Sous Chef
- To help any new employees where appropriate
- To always be polite and helpful to work colleagues and customers
- To ensure the smooth running of each wedding, event and the venue, maintaining high standards and acting as an ambassador for Country House Weddings Ltd at all times
- You will ensure the safety of the building and the people in it with full awareness of health and safety procedures and you will operate at all times in accordance with your employer’s health and safety policies
- Any other duties as and when required by the Venue Manager and Head Chef
Requirements and prospects
Full time employment and career progression.
Things to consider
This will involve long days spent standing.
About the employer
Leez Priory is one of the UK’s premier Wedding venues.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking)
- ERR workbook
- Functional Skills at Level 1 for Maths and English if required
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit:www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Apr 2017