An exciting opportunity for anyone seeking an apprenticeship in childcare. You will be tasked towards supporting the emotional & educational needs of children alongside gaining vital experience to help support your career within this growing industry.
Nursery Assistant Apprentice (London)
Modern Montessori International Ltd
Closing date: 03 Apr 2017
35 hours PW, Monday-Friday. 9am- 5pm. 1 hr lunch
Possible start date
05 Apr 2017
21 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Modern Montessori International is aiming to find a fun and inspirational Apprentice to train up as a member of their friendly teams in South West Nursery. Their manager and key people will be there to help you get practical experience in a busy and vibrant private nursery school of children from various ages.
You will work alongside a key worker and some of the roles we would expect of you are as follows:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertaking training to obtain recognised qualifications, including completing assignments on time, and attending all College sessions/tutorials (if applicable).
- To attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Under supervision to provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the Setting.
- To be aware of the Setting’s confidentiality policy.
- To be flexible within working practices of Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, eg preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker.
Specific Childcare Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child.
- To ensure the Setting is of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children.
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to work in small teams
GCSEs in Maths and English (A*-E) or equivalent qualifications.
This opportunity will give you the vital experience and qualification needed to establish a career within this exciting industry.
Furthermore, if you perform well during your 12 month apprenticeship, you may be provided with the opportunity for promotion!
About the employer
The Modern Montessori International Group (MMI) is fully committed and passionate about providing only the best in pre-school learning and education.
This is demonstrated in our Mission, Vision and Core Values and is extended to our responsibility to the community and the environment.
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce.
The apprentice's training will be onsite with a bi-monthly visit to our offices in Victoria, Central London for assessment tests.
Functional Skills (if required)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
All applications are asked not to approach the employer directly. Applicants that fail to observe the rule will not be interviewed.
From 1st October 2015 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2017