We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Beauty Therapist Level 3 to join our team. This is your opportunity to gain valuable salon experience whilst learning the skills of your chosen trade within a busy beauty salon in Milehouse.
Beauty Therapy Level 3 Apprenticeship
Samantha Jane Loughran
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
40 hours Monday to Friday
Possible start date
10 Apr 2017
17 Mar 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The right candidate will need enthusiasm for a career within the beauty industry, demonstrating a ''can do'' attitude and with a determination to learn all aspects of the industry thus becoming a truly multifunctional member of the team. You must have the conviction of providing 5* customer service at all time and possess the ability to self motivate as well as working productively within a developing team. You must also have the ability to talk confidently to clients in person and via the telephone.
You will work in all areas of the salon and at times shadow key members of the team in all departments where appropriate. For the right apprentice, there is the opportunity of permanent self-employment upon successful completion of your course.
You will work alongside other experienced beauty therapists and/or management.
We are looking for an apprentice who can:
- Meet and greet our clients with a genuine smile, approachability and demonstrate positive interaction with our clients
- Carry out all treatments to include manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials
- Maintain the salons cleanliness and exacting hygiene levels
- Correctly stock treatment areas
- Be punctual
- Carry out administrative duties
- Possess the ability and determination to up sell/suggestive sell the salon's variety of treatments and retail products
- Carry out instructions as necessary
- Communicate effectively with the team and Management
- Ideally already have some experience of working within the beauty industry but not essential
We require our team to be highly groomed and with a professional appearance at all times.
You will work in all areas of the salon and at times shadow key members of the team in all departments where appropriate. For the right apprentice, there is the opportunity of permanent self employment upon successful completion of your course.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to build excellent rapport
- Ability to work both as a member of a team or individually
- Good problem solver
- Interest in fashion/trends
- Professional telephone and personal manner
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude
- Outstanding customer focus
- Artistic flair
- Methodical and have the ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- To comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- Independent thinking
- Customer service
- Ability to use own judgment, resourcefulness and common sense
- Confident approach to work and change
- Quick learner
- Creative skills
- Pleasant and articulate
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible approach
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Hard working
- Team player
- Polite and friendly manner and able to communicate at all levels
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Use initiative and intuition
- Energetic and hard working
- Pride in appearance
A good understanding of Maths and English is required but not essential as training will be provided throughout the apprenticeship procedures.
Grade C or above or equivalent for Maths and English GCSE would be preferred.
Successful candidate will need to have already achieved NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy.
Previous experience in this sector is beneficial.
The right apprentice will have the opportunity to build a client base within therefore once the apprenticeship has finished they will be offered a contract on a self employed basis.
Things to consider
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship - candidate needs to already achieved Level 2 in Beauty Therapy.
Be aware of location.
All applicants must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer as this may result in your application not being considered.
About the employer
We are a small friendly independent run business having been trading successfully for 5 years.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth along with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. An NVQ in Beauty Therapy Level 3 will be awarded to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship is made up of the following components:
- NVQ Diploma - this is the practical based component where the apprentice demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge to meet the required national standard.
- Technical Certificate - this is the knowledge-based component and depending on the subject, is assessed either by a series of online tests, written assignments or a practical assessment.
- Functional Skills Maths and English - (where applicable, applicants may be exempt if they have GCSE's, or equivalent, in English and Maths) Functional Skills are delivered at the college and are made up of Literacy and Numeracy. The apprentice builds up a portfolio of both to show they are able to effectively communicate and use numbers in the workplace. Where relevant the apprentice may also need to complete an ICT Functional Skill. Each Functional Skill is assessed by an online test and a portfolio of evidence. The level of Functional Skill will depend on the level of the apprenticeship.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities - this component is used to make Apprentices aware of their employment rights and responsibilities. The apprentice completes this component in question and answer format in a workbook.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills - comprises six groups of skills that together with the Functional Skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These are; managing one's self, managing relationships with others, managing one's own learning performance and work. These are embedded within the other components of the apprenticeship framework.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017