Are you a kind and compassionate person, who genuinely cares fo people's welfare. Then a career in Health & Social care could be for you!
Health & Social Care Apprenticeship (Carer)
Age Gracefully Ltd
Closing date: 02 Sep 2017
30 hours/week Mon-Fri 8am-8pm
Possible start date
16 Sep 2017
16 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Age gracefully are a domiciliary care and nursing company who offer quality and affordable car within a persons home.
Your role as a domiciliary carer will be to visit people in their homes, this could be for the elderly or disabled. Each appointment and residents requirements can do different and you will never have the same day twice!
Typically you will have an hour appointment and within that time you will be required to do whatever they are the family ask you to do.
This could include:
- Cleaning and tiding of properties
- Personal care including with bathing
- Washing up and washing clothes as and when required
- Offering and making drinks or food
- Having conversations and keeping them company
- Taking out to local shops or out for a walk to the park
- Assisting clients with their daily hygiene routine
- Escorting residents to appointments for example the doctors
- Showering, dressing and bathing when required
- Changing beds
This apprenticeship is based in the work place so you will not need to attend college. Your employer will give you time within the working week to complete tasks set you by the assessor and you will be required to spend time at home to research and complete assignments (individual learning) if not completed in the allocated time the employer has given you.
(Employer will consider level 3 candidates as well)
Requirements and prospects
- Has a genuine desire to help people, a friendly and caring approach.
- The ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- A respectful approach to client. ,Reliable and flexibility to work role.
- The ability to meet health and Safety requirements, including Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Team working skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a sense of humour.
Experience not required, full training given but A*-C in Maths and English would be desirable
If you work hard ad complete your apprenticeship this employer would look at taking you on as a permanent member of staff and your wage would increase
About the employer
Age-Gracefully is Nottingham’s newest Care Agency who offer quality and affordable social care available for elderly patients and centred around their specific needs
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
- (Employer will consider level 3 candidates as well)
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE NOTTINGHAM (NCN)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Nottingham
Shana Richardson 0115 9101469
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2017