We are a small, friendly Montessori nursery offering a structured safe and prepared environment that allows the children to develop at their own pace with the guidance of a teacher. We are looking for an Apprentice to join us is our nursery.
Early Years Practioner Apprentice
Sunflower Montessori Kindergarten
Closing date: 12 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
31hrs and 45 minute
Total hours per week: 31.00
Possible start date
19 Jun 2017
11 Mar 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are a small, friendly Montessori nursery offering a structured safe and prepared environment that allows the children to develop at their own pace with the guidance of a teacher. Successful candidate will deliver good standard of learning for 2-5years. Ensure that the kindergarten is a safe environment for children, staff and parents. To develop partnership with parents/carers that promote the child’s development. To implement the daily routine. Support all staff and engage in a good staff team. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the principal/Manager. To complete the qualification within the time frame given. Working hours are 30 hours per week.
- To work with children
- To complete all assignments set
- To work as a part of a team
- To attend relevant training
- To liaise with the manager/mentor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating environment both indoors and outdoors at all times.
- To help in planning and supervising activities ensuring each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- Helping children with their learning, play and social development complying with the EYFS .
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To ensure records are properly maintained. E.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book. Risk assessment.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children
- Undertake and helping in certain tasks within the setting e.g. cleaning, setting up and putting away equipment and furniture, preparation of snack.
- Changing nappies and when necessary dirty clothes when DBS is issued.
- Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and communication with parents/staff to facilitate day-to-day caring needs of the children.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are followed including how to deal with child protections issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents and emergencies
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend staff meetings and training
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the aims and objectives.
- To respect the confidentiality at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in a career working with young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience.
- Ability to reflect on learning and seek learning opportunities.
- To work constructively as part of a team
- Display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English.
- Able to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed.
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual.
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Level 2 childcare
- GCSE , English and Math (A-D) or equivalent
To be qualifies as Early years professional (NVQ2/NVQ3)
Things to consider
DBS CHECK is needed for this role
About the employer
Medical doctor, Microbiology Master degree.
Montessori international Diploma level 4.
Principal of Sunflower Montessori Kindergarten since 2005.
Worked as a deputy manager for 3 years at Ladybird nursery in Little Warley.
Mother of 3 children
Level 3 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
Level 3 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit:www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Jun 2017