Within this role you will be providing support to the team and contribute to the caring and stimulating environments in which the children we look after are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Closing date: 11 Apr 2017
Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm, 35 hours per week
Possible start date
25 Apr 2017
25 Feb 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- The apprentice will be responsible for providing quality care in a stimulating yet safe and secure environment.
- Plan and participate in activities to encourage children to develop individually through play-time. As well as contributing to positive relationships with the children.
- Maintain children’s safety during their playtime.
- Assist with snack and meal times.
- Support staff and maintain good standards safeguarding, health & safety and hygiene, follow company policies at all times and respect confidentiality.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation
- Can add value to a team and take responsibility when required
- GCSEs grade C/D or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- Work experience in a childcare/youth setting (desirable but not essential).
The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college.
Things to consider
Candidates without the required qualifications or work experience may be referred to our FLEX Foundation Learning programme for a Level 1 Childcare course and work experience.
About the employer
Scribbles is a family-run day care nursery. We are located in the heart of East Finchley, in a unique building which has been restored and refurbished to create a safe, warm and welcoming environment. Externally we have a secure play area that offers outdoor activities all year round.
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English, ICT
- Paediatric First Aid
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Do not contact the nursery directly.
The nursery will not answer any questions regarding the role or the Apprenticeships.
For any and all enquiries, please contact email@example.com
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Apr 2017