Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship SCRIBBLES NURSERY LIMITED
Within this role you will be providing support to the team and contribute to the caring and stimulating environments in which the children we look after are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
25 Feb 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- The apprentice will be responsible for providing quality care in a stimulating yet safe and secure environment.
- Plan and participate in activities to encourage children to develop individually through play-time. As well as contributing to positive relationships with the children.
- Maintain children’s safety during their playtime.
- Assist with snack and meal times.
- Support staff and maintain good standards safeguarding, health & safety and hygiene, follow company policies at all times and respect confidentiality.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation
- Can add value to a team and take responsibility when required
- GCSEs grade C/D or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- Work experience in a childcare/youth setting (desirable but not essential).
Things to consider
About the employer
SCRIBBLES NURSERY LIMITED
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English, ICT
- Paediatric First Aid
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Do not contact the nursery directly.
The nursery will not answer any questions regarding the role or the Apprenticeships.
For any and all enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017