Nursery Assistant Apprentice Smart Kids Day Nursery Ltd
Smart Kids Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
18 Feb 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Offering an opportunity to earn as you learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2 in Childcare.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities.
- To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils.
- Whole school/Centre record keeping.
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centre's/Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully.
- To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time-to-time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
Things to consider
About the employer
Smart Kids Nursery is OFSTED registered and are inspected under the Children’s Act. We receive regular visits to ensure that our practices and procedures are in accordance with the National Day Care Standards.
At Smart Kids Nursery we offer flexible opening hours and offer full and part time places. Our Nursery provides an individual play area for babies, toddlers and pre-school children and is equipped with fantastic facilities and equipment.
We vet all staff through the Criminals Record Bureau (CRB) to an enhanced level.
Our nursery practitioners create a nurturing, secure and happy environment for all the children in our care. Our practitioners are required to undergo a rigourous 6-month induction and probation period, before they are entitled to unsupervised access with your child.
We encourage and support staff to continue training and developing their childcare skills to Bachelors Degree level (and beyond) to maintain the highest possible standards of care and education within our nurseries.
Smart Kids Day Nursery Ltd
- Childcare Level 2
- Technical Certificate Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017