We are looking for exceptional hairdressing apprentices. You will train one day a week at our state of the art Training Academy & Salon in Camden where you will experience the highest quality technical training in a brand new salon environment.
Closing date: 25 Apr 2017
Possible start date
27 Apr 2017
16 Feb 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The job role within the hairdressing salons will be as an apprentice hairdresser and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour.
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties. Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in LHAA's training academy in Camden or in your workplace.
LHAA will provide a personal apprenticeship mentor to support you through the programme both at the Academy and at your place of work.
Requirements and prospects
Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy.
You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship, although an average level of English and Maths is important,. We are looking for Apprentices that are enthusiastic and motivated about training to be a hairdresser, together with the ability to take an active part in studying for your hairdressing qualification, as well as being prepared to work hard both in the hairdressing salon and in the Hairdressing Academy.
You would also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser.
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Hairdressing skills are also required in the theatre, film, TV and magazine work.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take up to 12-15 months to complete. During this time you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you EARN WHILE YOU LEARN.
About the employer
- We work hard to make people look and feel great.
- We give love and we listen.
- We grow stronger and smarter every day.
- We are passionate about continuing our own education and sharing our ideas.
- We are a happy team committed to being the best.
"I opened up my salons and spas with the aim of creating a sanctuary where each guest is taken on a journey to experience excellence in hair and beauty services." ~ Gina
We are looking for energetic people to assist our stylist and to learn along the way. For those who are driven and show passion, we offer training by our senior staff in cutting and colour, to enable you to become a qualified stylist.
- To Work Saturdays and some Sunday’s
- Motivated and Creative
- Have a helpful and friendly disposition
- Reliable and hardworking
- Current UK work visa
- A sensible commute to our locations
In return for your experience:
- Free hair and spa treatments
- Free training
- In house NVQ training
- Highly discounted products
Duties you will be performing:
- Shampooing guests hair
- Preparing refreshments
- Blow-drying guest hair
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Assisting Stylist with colour application
- Providing head/ shoulder massage for guests
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception Duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of clients
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- Key skills qualifications such as communication and maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Apr 2017